Monday, October 20, 2008
The Single Soldier and the Rotten Meat
One of our neighbors recently joined the church. Since his baptism he has spent most of his time away on training, admittedly we don't know him very well. Nice guy, I attended his baptism while Matthew was deployed. He is in the Army. On Friday he left on deployment to Iraq. He will be gone for a year. For reasons I can't really understand he opted to keep his apartment while he is away. He asked if we could help him out and keep an eye on his place and car while he is gone. Sunday we decided to visit his place and make sure that the power got turned off. Luckily he remembered to shut off the power before he left the country. Unlucky for us he failed to clean out his freezer. We found rotten steak in the freezer and moldy fruit in the fridge. It was a rotten bloody stinky mess. I'm just glad we caught it when we did. I can't imagine what a few more weeks would have done. EEEWWWW! I had to laugh. Guys just don't think about the important little details before leaving town. I never ever leave town without taking out the trash, doing all the dishes, and dumping out any food that will waist while I'm away. My husband on the other hand. . . . . well. . . . . I'm not really sure because I take care of everything. In fact I am packing at this very moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
The last time we went on vacation we turned off all the electricity. The guy that took us to the airport asked if we had anything in the fridge, we did and turned it back on. Thankfully we were barely saved having to clean up the icky freezer mess that would have been.
Post a Comment