Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Ice Cream
When Matthew left I made a promise to myself. I promised I wouldn't eat ice cream until his return. I have an addiction to ice cream. Ice Cream pretty much makes everything better. If I'm pacing around the house asking for ice cream, you can bet I'm upset about something. I made the decision that I would be healthier in his absence. The number one thing standing in my way was you guessed it, ice cream. It's not that ice cream is really that terrible, in fact some may even call it healthy. The problem I have with it is quantity. Once I start I really don't know how to stop. Scenario #1: I will buy a half gallon of ice cream, before I even finish putting the groceries away I will take a brake to taste the ice cream. It's important to eat the soft part around the edges that thawed during the car ride home. Softened ice cream never taste as good once it refreezes. Scenario #2: I will buy a pint of ice cream and hide it in the back of the fridge. It's important to eat it quickly before Matthew discovers it and realizes how much of a pig I am. Scenario #3: Instead of dishing up a big bowl of ice cream I decide it wiser to just have a few spoonfuls. That's right a few spoonfuls every hour all day. Before I know it the carton is half gone. So as you can see, I really have no self control when it comes to Ice Cream. I have been to several activities lately where ice cream was offered to me. You would think that just a small bowl wouldn't hurt. This is not true. If I even get a small taste of it my mind will be consumed with that heavenly taste until I have more. Last week I was babysitting for a family. I was told to give the children ice cream for dessert. As I was putting the ice cream back in the freezer I took a tiny little bite. That small little bit is still haunting me. I don't think the craving will go away until I have a full serving of ice cream. I'm not talking about the 1/4 cup suggested serving size on the back of the carton either. Two more months and my Matthew will be home. The day after he arrives, he is taking me out for ice cream. I believe I deserve it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I hear you! Those suggested serving sizes are absolutely ridiculous. Are you in Boise right now?
I think we need to start a new support group for ice creamaholics. I will definitely be attending.
Post a Comment