Tip #1: Many of my favorite stores also have online shopping. Just like the clearance rack at the store you can buy clearance items online. I pretty much only look at the clearance section.
Tip #2: When I'm physically in a store looking at items I put the things I want in my cart while I wander around. Then when it's time to check out I re-evaluate and decide what I really want. Most of the time I end up putting things back. When I'm shopping online I do the same thing. I add items to my cart. Then I walk away and do something else. Later, I come back to the computer and decide if I really want them. Often times my session has timed out and I have to start all over. If it's not worth my time to start over then I really don't need the items. This is kind of like my version of window shopping. Sometimes I load up my online cart with everything I want. Then I close the window completely. Strange I know.
Tips #3: Read Reviews. With many items you can find online reviews. I've found the best place to do this is Amazon. Often times Amazon also has the best price.
Tip #4: Pay close attention to shipping costs. Especially if you live in Hawaii or Alaska. Some places won't even ship to Hawaii.
Tip #5: NEVER I mean NEVER check out before you first do a Google search to find Coupon or Promo Codes. Not all stores offer these. If when you are checking out you see a place that says ENTER PROMO CODE, this is a good sign that you can find a promo code. Often times you can get between 5 & 15% off or free shipping. It's simple and easy to do.
Hopefully I've shared some helpful information.
Tip #2: When I'm physically in a store looking at items I put the things I want in my cart while I wander around. Then when it's time to check out I re-evaluate and decide what I really want. Most of the time I end up putting things back. When I'm shopping online I do the same thing. I add items to my cart. Then I walk away and do something else. Later, I come back to the computer and decide if I really want them. Often times my session has timed out and I have to start all over. If it's not worth my time to start over then I really don't need the items. This is kind of like my version of window shopping. Sometimes I load up my online cart with everything I want. Then I close the window completely. Strange I know.
Tips #3: Read Reviews. With many items you can find online reviews. I've found the best place to do this is Amazon. Often times Amazon also has the best price.
Tip #4: Pay close attention to shipping costs. Especially if you live in Hawaii or Alaska. Some places won't even ship to Hawaii.
Tip #5: NEVER I mean NEVER check out before you first do a Google search to find Coupon or Promo Codes. Not all stores offer these. If when you are checking out you see a place that says ENTER PROMO CODE, this is a good sign that you can find a promo code. Often times you can get between 5 & 15% off or free shipping. It's simple and easy to do.
Hopefully I've shared some helpful information.





1 comment:
Very good ideas! Thanks!
Post a Comment