Just because something doesn't make sense, doesn't mean it shouldn't be said.

Hello, my names Karen, this is the page were I can ramble about anything and everything.
Sometimes my ramblings will be informative, sometimes not so much. If you don't understand
my post, that's okay, it's just a blog. I love life and I hope I can share that love with some of you.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Faithful Dusty Treadmill



When Matthew was in Iraq for 5 months it was hard. Many things brought me comfort. I spent a lot of time talking on the phone to friends and family. Thanks everyone for talking to me, even when you were very very busy. I spent a lot of time working. I tended several children. For a while I was working 6 days a week. I also kept busy with my church callings. Luckily I had little time for loneliness. When I did get lonely the treadmill became a great outlet. It saved me from becoming over stressed with my increased work load. It gave me time to think and contemplate. When I finished me jog I always felt energized and happy. Happy that I had accomplished something. I was also happy that I managed to melt away 20 pounds on that treadmill. That's right, I got pretty chunky during the holidays. Matthew has been home for a little over a week now. My treadmill is dusty once again. It feels like I gained about 5 pounds. It's amazing what one week on vacation with no exercise will do to you. I'm determined to dust off my treadmill and give it another go. It helped me cope with the stress of having my husband gone, maybe it will help me cope with the stress of having him home. Just kidding, it's been wonderful having him back.

No comments: