I reckon this post is way past due. The time has come to talk about how amazing my husband Matthew is. If you have met him, you already know that he is pretty great. I love this picture of him, he looks really tough. It was taken when he was stationed in Iraq earlier this year. He volunteered, that's right volunteered to work in Iraq for 5 months. I really can't complain because I've got friends who are separated from their husbands
much longer because of deployments. Plus, we made the decision together. It was important for him to serve our country. When he was away he rarely complained. He made the best of his situation and had a positive experience. I'm proud of how hard he works for this country and for our future. He was recently awarded the Air Force Achievement Medal for his service. This is a pretty big deal. Matthew is a natural born leader. The type of guy that people are drawn to. He is always looking for opportunities to serve those around him. I'm so proud of all his hard work and service.

As you can see in the photograph children flock to him. I'm not sure if it's his sweet gentle spirit that appeals to them or the big red suit he is wearing. He does make a pretty cute Santa Claus. I'm sure it wasn't easy wearing that suit in hot, humid, Hawaii weather.
I am pretty much the luckiest woman around. Example of sweet things Matthew does for me: I babysit two little girls about twice a week. Most of
the time they arrive at 5:00 in the morning. Luckily I've convinced them that they like to go back to sleep. Matthew often works the night shift. This means that he comes home between 4:00 and 5:00 in the morning. Often times he will turn off my alarm and wait for the girls to arrive. He puts them to sleep for me allowing me to stay in bed a few extra hours. Matthew is always helpful and supportive in whatever I choose to do. Thanks honey for all you do! I LOVE YOU!





3 comments:
Karen -- you are right. He is wonderful, and you are lucky. And as your Mom -- I am grateful you found him.
Matthew is an amazing person! I miss him.
I found your blog! Your hubby sounds like a great guy! I'm so excited to find you. What have you been up to? email me or something: brittanyallenstudios@yahoo.com
Post a Comment